Monday, October 1, 2007

Craft Idea: Tea Cup Candle Holder

I purchased this tea/coffee snack service set at a thrift store a couple of years ago. I loved the snowflake design. At the time I had no idea what I would do with the set, but it was only a couple of bucks and I was really drawn to the design. It's too small to use as a serving dish for a party, and with only one set, not usable for it's intended purpose.

So, after purchasing a pack of candy cane votives from Party Lite, the solution dawned on me. The set makes a perfect holiday candle holder. The cup is perfect for the candle and the tray can be left empty or adorned with holiday items once winter rolls around. At night, the entire cup glows from the light of the candle.

If you are going to make your own tea cup candle holder, I have a few suggestions. First, make sure you choose a cup with a wide brim. Second, make sure the set you are using is for hot beverage and not punch. Third, choose a candle in which the wax burns away (like Party Lite) so clean up is easy.

No comments: