Thursday, June 28, 2007

10 Year Reunion

It’s the eve of my 10-year high school reunion. I feel an anxious excitement about the approaching functions. It’s hard to believe ten years have gone by since I’ve seen most of these people.

At first I wasn’t sure about attending the reunion. We went to DD’s last year and the organization was a disaster. There was a low turn out and there ended up being very few people we actually hung out with in school. We ended up with the opinion that we are already in contact with the people we want to be from DD’s class.

My reunion is a different story. For one thing, the organization has been great. The organizer started contacting classmates almost a year ago. She sent out frequent reminders and set the dates early. It also helped that she only tackled the Lake City class instead of creating a joint reunion with Coeur d’Alene.

The second difference is that most of our (mine and DD’s) friends were in my class. We both can look forward to seeing old friends and catching up. There are a lot of people I would like to catch up with; a lot of people who have moved away and I’ve lost connections with. I’m curious to see where life has taken them and what they’ve done.

Even though I’m anxious, I feel good about the reunion. Through MySpace and the reunion update emails, I have a good idea who will attend and who won’t. I’ve also planned to meet up after the planned function with some classmates who aren’t comfortable having a reunion with everyone. I think it will be a fun and exciting weekend.

No comments: