Monday, March 26, 2007

Review: WingStop

DD loves hot wings, so I stopped in at WingStop on Government Way to pick up dinner tonight. Word of mouth is the Atomic Wings are dangerously hot. I took the cautious route and ordered a split of Original Hot and Garlic Parmesan.

The Original Hot were, "Almost as good as Chili's," according to DD. That was after I had to reheat the wings, since he got a late dinner break. My Garlic Parmesan wings were good - the first couple of ones anyway. After that, the excess of cheese and garlicky butter was too much.

I was impressed with the service. The employee who took my order was friendly and polite. Plus she paid extra attention to Munchkin and gave him a balloon. That always earns points in my book.

I got a side of carrot and celery sticks (a must with wings). I was surprised by the quantity of veggies in the order. It's not often a restaurant offers a healthy choice that is cheaper than fries. Then again, they have to counter balance the deep fried, oil/butter drenched chicken wings somehow.

Cost: $10.99 for 20 wing pieces; $.69 for carrot/celery sticks

2 comments:

Mommy Dearest said...

I was wondering if this place was any good. Thanks for testing it out ... But now that I have your top secret wing recipe, I might just have to make me own.

Mommy Dearest said...

I actually liked the extra buttery garlic stuff that pooled in the bottom of the box. I rolled the wings in it and it was awesome. I think it's probably best to call your order in ahead of time. I had to wait 20 minutes for my 20 wings.