Monday, July 2, 2007

Reunion Good Times

The big 10-year reunion occurred this weekend. I really enjoyed meeting with my old classmates. Friday night DD, Munchkin and I attended the reunion barbecue in Coeur d'Alene. Quite a few of our high school friend were in attendance and we had a great time catching up.

Even though in the end, we all ended up in the same groups we were in high school, everyone seemed more willing to reach out and talk with each other. The event was well organized and fun. There was a DJ playing "hits" from our high school days and awards were given out. I didn't win any, but I'm not sure I wanted to. Holding any kind of award for having the most pets just isn't part of my life "to do" list.

I realized the people I was most interested in and seeing were the ones I went to school with for more than just high school. I had gone to school with some of my classmates since kindergarten. The funniest stories that came up seemed to all be from middle school - a much more turbulent and humorous time. I also realized that after spending so much time in school with these people, ten years was really a long time not to see them. It amazed me how we could sit down and talk as adults, all in different places in our lives, but underneath, some things hadn't changed.

I'm already looking forward to the next one!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Tell me about it!!! My 20th High School reunion is coming up this fall. We graduated 20 years ago in June. As we have been getting back in touch with each other in the past few months no one has changed at all. It is surprising though that the clicques are still there too.