Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Here it goes...

My very first post. There have been so many times I have read other blogs and thought of topics to create my own blog with. Now the time has come and I'm drawing a blank.

I'm starting a blog not to be trendy and hip, but because I have realized the social benefits of an Internet connection. As a stay at home mom (sahm), my social network has been reduced to the collection of Little People living in my son's bedroom. Unfortunately, I have grown tired of their hard, unchanging views on life.

I have used computers almost my whole life. They have been useful in completing whatever task was at hand. I have used the Internet for more than ten years to research topics, find information and send email, but I never saw the full potential of developing relationships with people.

My recent epiphany about using the Internet to develop a meaningful connection to the outside world led me to join a Mommy & Me group via the web. I can't believe it took me two years to realize a group of moms just like me was a click away. Even better, they are just a few minutes away when it comes to get-togethers with the kids or a mom's night out. It's the best of technology coming to life.

So this is it. I'm stepping out into the blogging world with hopes of getting to know more of you mysterious web people.

Ok, and maybe being trendy is a little bit fun.

No comments: